NY Creative Interns is run by an amazing group of people who want to make a difference in the creative community in New York City and beyond. We’re looking for passionate, driven, self-directed people who have time to dedicate to taking NY Creative Interns to the next level and are interested in making an immediate impact in our community through their work and ideas.
As a volunteer, you have access to learn from an amazing network of experienced professionals, yet you also get to share insight and advice with the younger creative crowd, who are perhaps attending their first networking event or maybe don’t know much about the coveted “follow up approach.” I know the benefit of being apart of this amazing organization comes back tenfold. - Megan Frantz, Video Producer
Having volunteered at many conferences and events before, I am particularly impressed by NY Creative Interns’ professionalism. The staff was amazingly friendly and approachable. Great conference from idea to execution! - Dai X. Cao, Conference Volunteer
Our Volunteer Program
Benefits & Perks
- Free admission to events
- Free +1 to every event
- Volunteer outings:
- Beach days!
- Access to team’s professional network
- One on one resume, cover letter, and social media presence feedback
- Leadership and professional development
- Membership in private Facebook Group for volunteers
- Volunteers positions involve between 4-8 hours a week throughout a 4-5 month period season (depending on the role)
- Spring: January – May
- Summer: May – August
- Fall: August – December
- We have two volunteer meetings a month. Attendance of at least one is required. Attending both is highly encouraged (and fun).
- Meetings take places on Mondays from 6:30pm-8:30pm at our office at 902 Broadway
- You can attend in-person or virtually via Google+ Hangout
- Attendance of at least one official NY Creative Interns event a month (we have 2-3 a month)
- Attendance of at least 3 official events (in addition to meetings) in the last 6 months required to volunteer at Find & Follow Your Passion
- You have attended one of our events (live or IRL)
- You have a basic knowledge of social media, WordPress, HTML, and great web research skills
Other Ways to get Involved:
Sign up to be a Creative Insider. You’ll get exclusive updates, opportunities to help at events (which means free admission!), and other opportunities that will come just to you first. Think of it as a street team for ambitious creatives.
Become a Guest Writer: Apply to be a part of our guest blogger program here.